sábado, 15 de diciembre de 2007

And the big news just keeps on coming!

My sister's getting married!!! Amy and Colin got engaged in Champagne, France this weekend. I am even more excited to go home now. Wedding planning for this one should be interesting to say the least!

I'd write more but my week with the flu and then my week recovering really don't have any highlights that compare. I do need remark, however, that we managed to get away for the weekend last weekend (despite my miserable flulike symptoms) to Logroño (In La Rioja, Spain's wine region) and to San Sebastian in Spain's Basque Region, making a quick stop in Burgos to eat some morcilla. It was what you might call a gastronomic tour. We ate often and well. Unfortunately we didn't get to really visit any of the wineries because we went in off season and during a holiday weekend. (In Spain commerce doesn't take advatage of things like holiday weekends to make money, but rather to take vacations. It's a concept that we Americnas cannot really comprehend.) Anyway, we did visit a really interesting wine museum at a winery; my favorite part- the collection of over 3000 corkscrews from all over the world throughout time. Here are some pics:



Burgos: the cathedral La Rioja: freezing in the vineyard, outside the wine museum.


San Sebastian: view from the hills, some serious surf on the beach, a beautiful sunset.




1 comentario:

Amanda dijo...

It's gorgeous! Todavía me queda La Rioja por visitar...